Introduction to the Diploma
Who is the level 2 electrical qualification for?
The Level 2 Electrical Installations diploma (2365) is for anyone who would like to become a qualified Electrician in the Domestic, Commercial or Industrial sector and does not already have an Electrical Apprenticeship or even a job working in the Electrical Industry. So basically if you are looking to become a qualified Electrician, but cannot afford to spend four years as an Apprentice, then this Electrical installations course is the starting qualification you should choose.
What does the Level 2 Electrical Installations qualification cover?
It allows candidates to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the Electrical industry. The qualification will cover all the underpinning and practical knowledge needed to progress onto the Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations.
What does the Level 2 Electrical Installations course consist of?
The course will last for 8 weeks on a full time basis (5 days a week) at our Cambridge based Electrical training centre.Learning will take place in our workshop with all of the up to date tools, equipment and testers and also in our spacious classroom environment.
There are 5 subject units to study, which are;
- Health and safety
- Principles of Electrical science
- Electrical Installations technology
- Installation of wiring systems and enclosures
- Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering.
Why do you need the Level 2 Electrical Installations qualification?
It allows candidates to progress into employment, as an Electrical Improver and onto the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation (Buildings and Structures) 2365
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrotechnology 5357-93
- Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations 2391-50
- Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations.