Introduction to the NVQ
Who is the level 3 NVQ electrical qualification for?
The level 3 NVQ Electrical (2357-44) is for electrical improvers who have previously completed their level 2 and 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations (2365) or equivalent older qualifications and are now in their final stages of becoming a qualified Electrician.
What does the Level 3 NVQ Electrical qualification cover?
This qualification is not a technical certificate which you spend most of your time in a classroom or workshop, but rather a qualification that is completed in a place of work. To be able to complete this qualification you must be able to evidence your electrotechnical competency by completing Electrical installations on site and then have your work assessed by one of our Assessors. The majority of the course is completed on site (a real place of work and not a training centre), a small amount at the training centre and then the final stage is an assessment known as the AM2 (Achieved Measurement), which will be completed at an AM2 approved centre such as our centre.
What does the Level 3 NVQ Electrical course consist of?
There is no duration set for the level 3 NVQ as it will be down to the trainee, depending on how long it will take for he/she to complete a portfolio of evidence and obtain the Electrical work needed to complete the targets set by City and Guilds. The stages include;
- A small qualification bridging unit and assessment is undertaken at the training centre.
- Portfolio sessions will be taken at the centre to guide the trainee.
- Assessments are completed on site.
- A final assessment (AM2) will be completed at our AM2 centre.
Why do you need the Level 3 NVQ Electrical qualification?
It allows Electrical Improvers to progress in there career as a qualified Electrician and onto the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations 2391-50
- Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations.
You may also need the level 3 NVQ to: