Introduction to the 18th Edition qualification
Who is the Level 3 18th edition qualification for?
This City and Guilds Level 3 (18th edition) Requirements for Electrical Installations (2382) qualification is primarily aimed at practising electricians with relevant experience and other allied professionals e.g. surveyors, consultants and other trades needing to update and enhance their understanding of the IET Wiring Regulations.
What does the Level 3 18th edition qualification cover?
The IET Wiring Regulations (BS 7671) are the definitive standards for the electrical industry in respect of safe use and operation of electrical equipment and systems. They set requirements and operating criteria for the UK and correspond to EC standards and are recognised by the British Standards Institute as a British Standard (BS 7671). It is intended to ensure that individuals are conversant with the format, content and application of the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671: 2018.
What does the Level 3 18th edition course consist of?
The course will last 3 days with the exam taken on the afternoon of the 3rd day. This course is all theoretical learning structured around the Regulations in a classroom (no practical). There is 8 units to study, 7 relate to the parts and 1 to the appendices of the BS7671 IET regulations. You will be assessed by an open book online exam in our training centre.
You are required to purchase a copy of the Blue version of the IET Wiring Regulations BS7671:2018 before attending the course.
Why do you need the Level 3 18th edition qualification?
- To gain a better and more up to date understanding of the BS7671 Regulations
- If you are an Electrical Contractor looking to register with a Part P scheme, you will need this qualification.
- If you are another allied trade and looking to register as a Domestic Installer, you will need this to give you understanding of the Electrical regulations.
What are some of the changes in the 18th Edition?
- Protecting against electric shock
- Protecting against electromagnetic disturbances and voltage disturbance
- Selection and erection of wiring systems
- Totally new Appendix to 18th Edition: Energy efficiency!
Next Start Dates
4th October - SOLD OUT, 22nd November - 4 spaces left, 7th February 2022 - 8 spaces left, 28th March 2022 - 8 places left
☎ 01223 834062