Electric Vehicle Charging Course (2919)
Introduction to the qualification
Who is the 2919 Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Course for?
The qualification aims to provide expert guidance to learners wishing to gain knowledge and understanding on electric vehicle charging equipment installation.
The course is ideal for qualified electricians and trainees who are looking at stepping into the electric vehicle charging industry.
What does the 2919 Electric Vehicle Charging Qualification cover?
This electric vehicle charging course prepares candidates for installing electric vehicle charging points. It will cover subjects such as;
- Key requirements relating to electric vehicle charging equipment
- The different types of electric vehicle charging equipment
- The planning and preparation for designing electric vehicle charging installations
- The requirements for inspection and testing commissioning of electric vehicle charging equipment
What does the 2919 Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Course consist of?
- The course lasts 2 days and is taught in a classroom environment. The course is structured so that there will be 1 day of training followed by a day of assessments.
- There are two City and Guilds assessments:
- One open book Multiple choice Online exam. Candidates require a copy of the 4th Edition Code of Practice for Electrical Vehicle Charging Points.
- One Practical assignment which includes:
- Installing an EV car charging circuit
- Initial verification of an Electrical Installation
- Completion of EV charging relevant documentation
Why do you need the Electric Vehicle Charging Qualification?
To gain a better understanding of the requirements to install electric vehicle charging equipment in the domestic, commercial and industrial sectors.
It is also a requirement of the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) installers to access the government grant scheme.
Next Start Dates
28th Jan 2021 - 3 places left, 25th Feb - 2 places left, 22nd April - 8 places left, 27th May - 8 places left