Introduction to the qualification
Description of the Periodic Inspection 2391-51 course
This is a new Periodic Inspection qualification which is primarily aimed at electricians, who carry out periodic inspection and testing on existing installations. You should be able to work with minimum supervision and have a good record of safety, fault correction and ensuring work meets the required standard.
To start this course you need to have a copy of the latest Guidance Note 3 and a level 3 Certificate, Diploma or NVQ in Electrical installations, such as the 2330, 2365, 2356, 2357 qualifications.
What does the Periodic Inspection qualification cover?
This qualification prepares candidates for periodic inspection on existing installations and replaces part of the old 2395 Inspection, testing and Certification qualification. It will cover subjects such as;
- The safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- The requirements for inspecting, testing and recording the condition of electrical
- The requirements for the safe testing of electrical installations which have been placed in service
- The requirements for testing circuits which have been placed in service and may require isolation
- The requirements for testing energised installations
- Understand and interpret test results
What does the Periodic Inspection course consist of?
- The course lasts 5 days and is taught in both a classroom and practical environment.
- There are three types of City and Guild assessments set for this qualification and they are;
- Multiple choice Online exam
- One Practical assignment which includes;
- Visual inspection
- Periodic Inspection of an Electrical Installation
- Short answer questions
Why do you need the Level 3 Periodic Inspection qualification?
This qualification will teach you the principles, practices and legislation for the periodic inspection of electrical installations of existing electrical installations with statutory and non-statutory regulations and requirements. It will also help you to progress onto the Level 4 Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Installations.