Introduction to the qualification
Description of the Periodic inspection and testing (2395) course
This is a new Periodic Inspection and testing qualification which is primarily aimed at electricians, who carry out periodic inspection and testing on existing installations. You should be able to work with minimum supervision and have a good record of safety, fault correction and ensuring work meets the required standard.
To start this course you need to have a copy of the latest Guidance Note 3 and a level 3 Certificate, Diploma or NVQ in Electrical installations, such as the 2330, 2365, 2356, 2357 qualifications.
What does the Periodic inspection and testing qualification cover?
This qualification prepares candidates for periodic inspection and testing on existing installations and replaces part of the old 2391 Inspection, testing and Certification qualification. It will cover subjects such as;
- The safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- The requirements for inspecting, testing and recording the condition of electrical
- The requirements for the safe testing of electrical installations which have been placed in service
- The requirements for testing circuits which have been placed in service and may require isolation
- The requirements for testing energised installations
- Understand and interpret test results
What does the Periodic inspection and testing course consist of?
- The course lasts 5 days and is taught in both a classroom and practical environment.
There are three types of City and Guild assessments set for this qualification and they are;
- Practical Assessment
- Multiple choice Online exam
- Written exam
Why do you need the Level 3 Periodic inspection and testing qualification?
This qualification will teach you the principles, practices and legislation for the periodic inspection of electrical installations of existing electrical installations with statutory and non-statutory regulations and requirements. It will also help you to progress onto the Level 4 Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Installations.