Who is the Level 3 Portable Appliance Testing qualification for?
These qualifications are for anyone who would like to learn how to test portable electrical appliances with a qualification in Electrical Equipment Maintenance and Testing (2377-22). If you are a manager or looking to start up your own PAT testing company then the Level 3 Award in the Management Requirements for the Maintenance of Electrical Equipment 2377-32 is also for you. If you already work as an electrician, this certification can help you move up in the industry and give you another string to your bow.
What does the Level 3 Portable Appliance Testing qualification cover?
It allows candidates to learn, develop and practise the skills required to test portable electrical appliances with the Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment. It covers the practical and underpinning knowledge of inspection and testing of electrical equipment (2377-22) and the underpinning knowledge of maintaining electrical equipment and understanding of the practical application of their safety obligations (2377-32)
What does the Level 3 Portable Appliance Testing course consist of?
- The course will last for 2 days during the week or weekend.
- Learning will take place in a practical and classroom environment.
- There are 2 qualifications gained from this course and they are;
- Level 3 Award in the In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment 2377-22 and you will undertake one on-line multiple choice exam and one practical assessment.
- Level 3 Award in the Management Requirements for the Maintenance of Electrical Equipment and will undertake two on-line exms and one practical assessment.
Why do you need the Level 3 Portable Appliance Testing qualification?
It allows candidates to progress into employment, as a portable appliance tester and onto the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- Level 2&3 Diploma in Electrical Installation (Buildings and Structures) 2365
- Level 3 Award in the Requirements Electrical Installations BS 7671 (2382)
- Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations 2391-50
You must have the IET Code of Practice for in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment, prior to attending this course for an open book exam.
20th - 21st August