Introduction to the NVQ
Who is the level 3 Electrotechnical Experienced Worker Qualification for?
This qualification is designed solely for those experienced persons who are, or have been, working in the Electrotechnical industry, practising as an Electrician, for a minimum of 5 years and who can demonstrate their technical knowledge, performance and competence to the industry standards at Level 3 in one of the occupations of this qualification and in line with the current edition of the IET wiring regulations (BS 7671).
What does the Electrotechnical Experienced Worker Qualification cover?
This qualification is not a technical certificate which you spend most of your time in a classroom or workshop, but rather a qualification that is completed in a place of work. To be able to complete this qualification you must be able to evidence your electrotechnical competency by completing Electrical installations on site and then have your work assessed by one of our Assessors.
What does the Electrotechnical Experienced Worker Qualification consist of?
There is no set duration for the level 3 NVQ as it will be down to the trainee, depending on how long it will take for he/she to complete a portfolio of evidence and obtain the Electrical work needed to complete the targets set by City and Guilds. C&G allow 3 years Maximum. The stages include;
- Interview and Skills scan
- Introduction to the NVQ
- Remote professional discussions
- Remote site observations
Why do you need the Electrotechnical Experienced Worker Qualification?
It allows Experienced Electrician mates, improvers or electrical labourers to progress in there career as a qualified Electrician and register themselves for a Gold Card as an Electrician with the JIB. It can also help progress onto further City & Guilds qualification such as the Level 3 Award in Initial and Periodic Electrical Inspection and Testing (2391)
- 5 Years proven experience in the electrical industry (not including training)
- Technical knowledge equivalent to Level 3 of Electrical installations
- Level 3 18th Edition BS7671 Regulations qualification (can be done whilst enrolled on NVQ)
- Level 3 2391 Inspection and testing qualification (can be done whilst enrolled on NVQ)
- Smart phone and tripod
- The AM2E Occupational test, this is to be completed once the candidate has obtained the NVQ, to hold JIB Qualified Electirican status