Introduction to the Diploma
Who is the level 3 electrical qualification for?
The Level 3 Electrical Installations Diploma (2365) is aimed at those who have already completed the Level 2 electrical installations diploma, and would like to continue to become a qualified Electrician in the Domestic, Commercial or Industrial sector and does not already have an Electrical Apprenticeship or a job working in the Electrical Industry.
What does the Level 3 Electrical Installations qualification cover?
It allows candidates to progress the skills required obtained from the level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations and prepare them for employment and/or career progression in the Electrical industry. The qualification will cover all the underpinning and practical knowledge needed to progress onto the Level 3 NVQ (2357-44) on site assessments.
What does the Level 3 Electrical Installations course consist of?
The course will last for 8 weeks at our Cambridge based Electrical training centre. Learning will take place in our workshop with all of the up to date tools, equipment and testers and also in our spacious classroom environment.
There are 6 units to study, which are;
- Fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems
- Principles of Electrical science
- Fault diagnosis and rectification
- Inspection, testing and commissioning
- Electrical Systems design
- Career awareness in the building services
Why do you need the Level 3 Electrical Installations qualification?
It allows candidates to progress into employment, as an Electrical Improver and onto the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Electrotechnology 2357
- Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations 2394
- Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations.
- Level 4 Award in Design and Verification of Electrical Installations
Important! Only candidates with a level 2 Diploma or equivalent qualification in Electrical Installations, such as the 2330 or 2360 may enrol for the level 3 Electrical Diploma.