Introduction to the Inspection and Testing package
Who is the 2391-52 Inspection and testing package for?
The inspection and testing package contains the latest Inspection and testing qualifications which are the City & Guilds Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations (2391-50) and Level 3 Award in Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations (2391-51). This package is primarily aimed at electricians, who carry out a range of inspection and testing on new and existing installations. You should be able to work with minimum supervision and have a good record of safety, fault correction and ensuring work meets the required standard.
To start this course you need to have a copy of the latest Guidance Note 3 and a level 3 Certificate, Diploma or NVQ in Electrical installations, such as the 2330, 2365, 2356, 2357, 5357 qualifications.
What does the inspection and testing package cover?
This inspection and testing package prepares candidates for Initial Verification and periodic inspection and testing on electrical installations and replaces the old 2391 Inspection, testing and Certification qualification. It will cover subjects such as;
- The safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- The requirements for inspecting, testing and recording the condition of electrical
- The requirements for the safe testing of electrical installations which have been placed in service
- The requirements for testing circuits which have been placed in service and may require isolation
- The requirements for testing energised installations
- Understand and interpret test results
What does the inspection and testing package consist of?
- The course lasts 8 days and is taught in both a classroom and practical environment.
- There are five City and Guild assessments set for this Package and they are;
- One practical exam
- One Multiple choice Online exam
Why do you need the inspection and testing qualifications?
This Inspection and testing package will teach you the principles, practices and legislation for the initial verification and periodic inspection of electrical installations of existing electrical installations with statutory and non-statutory regulations and requirements. It will also help you to progress onto the Level 4 Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Installations.