Introduction to the Inspection and Testing combined course
Who is the 2391 Inspection and testing combined course for?
The inspection and testing combined course contains the latest Inspection and testing qualifications which are the City & Guilds Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations (2391-50) and Level 3 Award in Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations (2391-51). This combined course is primarily aimed at electricians, who carry out a range of inspection and testing on new and existing installations. You should be able to work with minimum supervision and have a good record of safety, fault correction and ensuring work meets the required standard.
To start this course you need to have a copy of the latest Guidance Note 3 and recommended to have completed a level 3 Certificate, Diploma or NVQ in Electrical installations, such as the 2330, 2365, 2356, 2357 qualifications.
What does the inspection and testing combined course cover?
This inspection and testing package prepares candidates for Initial Verification and periodic inspection and testing on electrical installations and replaces the old 2394 & 2395 Inspection and testing qualifications. It will cover subjects such as;
- The safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- The requirements for inspecting, testing and recording the condition of electrical installations
- The requirements for the safe testing of electrical installations, new builds or existing installations.
- The requirements for testing circuits which have been placed in service and may require isolation
- The requirements for testing energised installations
- Understand and interpret test results
What does the inspection and testing combined course consist of?
- The course lasts 8 days and is taught in both a classroom and practical environment.
- There are two City and Guild assessments set for the combined course and they are;
- One Multiple choice Online exam
- One Practical assignment which includes;
- Visual inspection
- Combined initial verification and Periodic Inspection of an Electrical Installation
- Short answer questions
Why do you need the inspection and testing qualifications?
This Inspection and testing combined course will teach you the principles, practices and legislation for the initial verification and periodic inspection of electrical installations of existing electrical installations with statutory and non-statutory regulations and requirements. It will also help you to progress onto the Level 4 Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Installations.
Purchasing the combined course will also save you £150 and you will only need to do 2 assessments instead of 4 compared to purchasing the courses separately.