Electric Vehicle Charging Course (2919)
Introduction to the qualification
Who is the 2919 Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Course for?
The qualification aims to provide expert guidance to learners wishing to gain knowledge and understanding on electric vehicle charging equipment installation.
The course is ideal for qualified electricians and trainees who are looking at stepping into the electric vehicle charging industry.
What does the 2919 Electric Vehicle Charging Qualification cover?
This electric vehicle charging course prepares candidates for installing electric vehicle charging points. It will cover subjects such as;
- Key requirements relating to electric vehicle charging equipment
- The different types of electric vehicle charging equipment
- The planning and preparation for designing electric vehicle charging installations
- The requirements for inspection and testing commissioning of electric vehicle charging equipment
What are the requirements to attend the 2919 Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Course?
Ideally candidates are required to be a qualified Electrician or atleast have a previous recognised level 3 Electrical Installation qualification that covered Inspection and Testing. The level 3 Inspection and Testing qualification would also be big advantage.
The Electrical Vehicle charging course will involve no practical lessons and candidates are expected to be able to install, inspect, test and certify a radial circuit to a good standard, prior to attending.
What does the 2919 Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Course consist of?
- The course lasts 2 days and is taught in a classroom environment. The course is structured so that there will be 1 day of training followed by a day of assessments.
- There are two City and Guilds assessments:
- One open book Multiple choice Online exam. Candidates require a copy of the 4th Edition Code of Practice for Electrical Vehicle Charging Points.
- One Practical assignment which includes:
- Installing an EV car charging circuit
- Initial verification of an Electrical Installation
- Completion of EV charging relevant documentation
Why do you need the Electric Vehicle Charging Qualification?
To gain a better understanding of the requirements to install electric vehicle charging equipment in the domestic, commercial and industrial sectors.
It is also a requirement of the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) installers to access the government grant scheme.
Next Start Dates
21st October - 2 places left, 6th December- 8 places left, 27th January 2022 - 6 places left, 3rd March 2022 - 8 places left